The Clients Rights Brochure is now translated in Spanish and posted. The form can be found here.
HUD and its federal partners have released critical updates to the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) Data Standards. The revised 2014 HMIS Data Manual Version 5 and 2014 HMIS Data Dictionary Version 5 are now available on the HUD Exchange. These changes to the Data Standards were identified as critical by HUD and its federal partners because the data is needed for reporting purposes for the various partner programs. Every effort was made to determine if the necessary information could be obtained through data elements currently in the 2014 HMIS Data Manual and Dictionary but in a few cases an element either needed to be changed or an element needed to be added.
The following data elements have been modified or added in Version 5 of the Manual and Dictionary:
|Element Number||Element Name||Change Requirement|
|2.3||Continuum of Care Code||Updated guidance|
|3.8||Disabling Condition||Universe change – collect for all clients|
|3.917||Living Situation||Structural and wording change (Major change)|
|4.2||Income and Sources||Collection change – collection now includes PATH|
|4.3||Non-Cash Benefits||Collection change – collection now includes PATH|
|4.4||Health Insurance||New Response options added|
|4.14A||Services Provided: PATH Funded||Response options changed|
|4.16A||Referrals Provided: PATH||Response options changed|
|4.17||Residential Move-in Date||Element structural Change|
|4.21||Connection with SOAR||Collection change – collection now includes PATH|
|4.24||Last Grade Complete||Response Options added & Collection change – collection now includes SSVF & HUD/VASH|
|4.26||Employment Status||Collection change – collection now includes HUD/VASH|
|4.27||General Health Status||Collection change – collection now includes HUD/VASH|
|4.44||HP Screening Score||Retired (replaced with 4.48)|
|4.47||T-cell and Viral Load||Response options changed for viral load|
|4.48||SSVF HP Targeting Criteria||New Element|
|4.49||Use of Other Crisis Services||New Element|
Please be advised that the HMIS system will be unavailable on August 27, 2016, from 10PM to 2AM PST while Patch 241 is being applied. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Check out the HMIS Spotlight for August 2016, Program Specific Data Elements at Entry
HUD has recently updated e-snaps to allow recipients of fiscal year (FY) 2014 Continuum of Care (CoC) Program funding to submit Annual Performance Reports (APRs). The form will be available to recipients by Wednesday, August 17, 2016 after noon. For more information about this notice, click here.
Below are all programs that met the data quality threshold for Quarter Two 2016. Congratulations and keep up the good work!
Emergency Shelter – 90% or above
- fsi_Self-Sufficiency Program
- ifh_HAPP Prevention
- mcy_CA State ESG
- oc2_Emergency Shelter
- fsi_Laguna Beach Alternate Sleeping Location
- mcy_Regina House Emergency
- cst_Casa Teresa Emergency Maternity Shelter
- ghh_Anaheim ESG
- fis_Via Esperanza
- fis_New Vista Emergency
- WTLC_ 45-Day Program
- WTLC_90-Day Program
- int_EMERGENCY SHELTER
Homeless Prevention – 95% or above
- fcc_SSVF Homeless Prevention
- mhl_SSVF Operation Healthy Homecoming Prevention
- mcy_CDBG Costa Mesa HP
- ths_Homeless Prevention Initiative
- uvi_SSVF Homeless Prevention
- voa_SSVF Homeless Prevention Priority 2
- voa_SSVF Homeless Prevention Priority 1
- mcy_Emmanuel Residence
- ifh_CSA_ESG_Street Outreach
- pha-FamilyStabilityProgram HP
Outreach – 85% or above
- spd_HEART Program
- ctc_CTC Street Outreach
Permanent Housing – 95% or above
- oc4_Permanent Housing 2
- oc4_AFH Westminster
- trp_Tyrol Plaza
- cch_Olinda Permanent Supportive Housing
- cch_CCH Housing First
- fsi_Henderson House Supportive Housing
- mcy_Katharine Drexel Residence III
- spc_2011 Shelter Plus Care SRA VOALA
- spc_2009 New Shelter Plus Care TRA Project
- spc_Jackson Aisle Shelter Plus Care PRA Renewal
- spc_Shelter Plus Care Colettes Childrens Home
- mcy_CoC PSH Leasing
- mcy_MCY PSH Collaborative
- oc4_Permanent Housing Collaborative
- fis_CCH PTC
- jhf_Scattered Site Permanent Housing Program
- ifh_SHP Stanton Multi-Service Center
- spc_2006 Shelter Plus Care TRA Renewal Project
- spc_2005 Shelter Plus Care TRA Renewal Project
- spc_2008 Shelter Plus Care TRA Project
- spc_Shelter Plus Care Mercy House
- spc_#1 Consolidated Shelter Plus Care TRA
- mcy_CoC Leasing
Rapid Re-Housing – 95% or above
- mcy_CoC Rapid Re-housing (HO)
- mcy_CDBG Costa Mesa RRH
- fis_FAM PTC
- fis_Housing St. Jude (HSJ)
- VOA_SSVF Rapid Re-housing Priority 1
- oc_Housing First
- oc_HUD Rapid Re-housing
- voa_SSVF Rapid Re-housing Priority 2
- mcy_OCUW – FACE Rapid Rehousing
- fcc_SSVF Rapid Re-housing
- mcy_OC Calworks
- mcy_ESG Orange County RRP
- mcy_ESG Santa Ana RRP
- spn_GAPP UW FACE 2024 Rapid Re-housing
Services Only – 85% or above
- mha_Back To Work
- mha_Multi Service Center
- mha_Housing Assistance
Transitional Housing – 95% or above
- oc_I – Transitional Housing
- Second Step
- mcy_Joseph House
- oci_Transitional Housing Program
- ths_Homeless Family Shelter #10
- oc3_Positive Steps
- oc4_American Family Housing Collaborative
- gil_ Gilchrist HouseTransitional Shelter
- OCR_Hope Family Housing – Buena Park
- oc2_Transitional Housing
- mcy_Bethany House
- his_HIS House Transitional Housing
- cch_Colettes Childrens Home #2
Check out the Most Missed Questions on HMIS Test Webinar from August 2, 2016.
In the month of July, our HMIS vendor made some changes to HMIS to improve system functionality. Please see below for a list of the updates that apply to you. If you have any questions about these updates, or if you find any issues with these updates, please email HMISemail@example.com.
- A weekly fix has been released to update the Sessions page and the performance of the auto schedule function so that it will not timeout during the scheduling process.
- A weekly fix has been released to update the Client Master Record Report_CFCOC to exclude the CFCOC Bed Night services properly.
- The Client Master Record_CFCOC report has been updated to exclude services from Emergency Shelters and Transitional Housing.
- The Universal Data Element_Agency management report has been modified to:
- Update the Agency parameter to be multiselect.
- Update The Program parameter to be multi-select for the selected agencies
- Remove the old default dates of 10/1/2008 and 9/30/2009
- The CFCOC Services Provided Report and CFCOC Services Provided Details Report management reports have been updated to count the number of units attached to each Case Management Meeting service instead of the number of services provided.
HUD has recently released a series of tutorials on the HUDExchange website that go over important information on selected data standards. From HUD’s email:
These multi-segmented tutorials explain select required data elements in greater detail. The tutorials provide information about when a data element is collected, who the data is collected from, how to collect the data, and where to report it.
These tutorials are designed as a resource for HMIS Lead agency and local Continuum of Care (CoC) project staff who seek a more detailed understanding of each data element. CoCs and HMIS leads are encouraged to use these tutorials to supplement local HMIS data standard trainings. There is no particular order to the tutorials.
To see the entire email from HUD and access links to the tutorials, please click here.
In the month of May, our HMIS vendor made some changes to HMIS to improve system functionality. Please see below for a list of the updates that apply to you. If you have any questions about these updates, or if you find any issues with these updates, please email HMISfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Client Master Record Report_CFCOC has been updated to correctly exclude CFCOC bed nights.
- The Universal Data Elements_Agency report has been updated to correctly report the percentage for Approximate Date Started.
- The Universal Data Elements_Agency and the Universal Data Elements_Agency_Details reports have been updated to rename “Time on the streets” to “Approximate Date Started” to match the field in HMIS and HUD’s guidance.
- The OC_Bed_Utilization report has been updated to include inactive projects as long as there were active enrollments during the selected reporting period.